The Gioconda and Joseph King Library
In 1937, the Four Arts hired Swiss-born American architect Maurice Fatio to design the first building to house the Society of the Four Arts. Fatio’s grand Mediterranean style building is now home to The Gioconda and Joseph King Library, which serves as the library for the Town of Palm Beach. After being closed for eighteen months for renovation, the library reopened in December of 2018. The west loggia’s wall murals depicting personifications of art, literature, music, and drama were part of the restoration efforts. Originally painted by American artist Albert Herter in 1939, the murals were painstakingly recreated by local painter Zenon Toczek.