31. Rovensky Building

John E. Rovensky Building


Prior to completion of its first building (now the King Library), the Four Arts operated out of the Singer Building, a combined office and apartment building designed by Addison Mizner (1872- 1933). Mizner’s Mediterranean Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival buildings deeply influenced the architecture of south Florida. Architect John Volk (1901-1984) renovated the building in the 1940s, after which it was called the Embassy Apartment Building. The Four Arts continued to occupy space here and eventually acquired the entire property in 1992. After renovations it, the newly named John E. Rovensky Building became home to the Four Arts’ Children’s Library and staff offices.