Welcome to The Society of the Four Arts! The Four Arts was originally founded in 1934 as the Civic Arts Association. In 1936, the organization changed its name to The Society of the Four Arts and incorporated as a nonprofit with a mission to promote art, literature, music, and drama. The Four Arts has grown immensely over the years and is now Palm Beach’s preeminent cultural institution, offering a diverse array of programming such as concerts, films, art exhibitions, notable speakers, workshops, classes, and children’s programs.
This walking tour takes visitors around the campus of The Four Arts, which includes gardens, public sculptures, and historic buildings. It also provides information about the people and events that have shaped the organization’s history. Complimentary Walking Tour guide pamphlets are available at the garden entrances just south of the King Library and across from the Dixon Building.